Fresh beef.

So this weekend we got the finished steer from mom. We took a quarter of it we’re excited to have some fresh meat in the house. I planned to cook a steak on friday but it wasn’t thawed out yet so we had hamburgers instead. So I plan to cook a steak on saturday. But ashley wanted a smoked pulled pork instead. So I went and got a pork and fired up a smoker and smoke it for 3 hours with my rub. I let it smoke till it was at about 140 degrees. Then I am wrapped in foil and put it in the oven until it was just over 200 degrees. It was supposed to get to 208 degrees but I ran out of time. We invited the Tubbs over for dinner and the pork had to rest for two hours so I had to finish it to get done. One I hit 200 I pulled it out rapped it in a towel and let it rest for as long as I could. Until the Tubbs got there. While it was resting I wipped up a batch of my BBQ sauce. I then pulled it and covered it in sauce. Ashley pulled some of her homemade rolls out of the freezer and cooked them and she also, are some crock pot Mac and cheese. She also made an angle foodcake, strawberry, creamcheese role. It was all really good. The smoked pulled pork on homemade rolls was pretty awesome. Oh yea and it was fun having the Tubbs over. Mom and dad must have known about the food because they showed up, and dad couldn’t leave without some pulled pork, and dessert.

So I was going to cook the stakes on Sunday but Michael and Cami had stake conference so that ment he was free afterwords. So they came up and did some county style ribs. It was good and the kids had fun playing

So know its Monday. The stakes were ready and waiting. At around one I put them in a bag with some oil and my rub and let them marinate. at around 4:30 I buttered some potatoes covered them in my rub, rapped them in foil and baked them. Ashley was shopping with Megan and her Mom. So when she pulled in around 6 I fired up the grill and let it get to 600. I trimmed the stakes and threw them on. At about 90 seconds I did a quarter turn on them, then at about another 90 seconds I flipped them and put them on the cool side and let them cook for about another 5 minutes. I let the bigger on get to 160 and pulled them off, I covered them in foil and let them rest for 10 minutes to let the juice settle back in. This gave me time to get out the potatoes. I put them on the stakes to help keep them warm. I set the table, and got everyone around the table. By then the 10 minutes were up and it was time to eat. I cut Gavin around 3 ounces. I didn’t think he would eat it all, it was a lot for him. He took a bite and exclaimed how good the meat was. He did that with almost every bite. At one point he got up, came over, told me how good it was, thanked me, and gave me a hug. He eat all of it, and had two more helpings from Ashley’s. I have to say it was pretty good. Mine was between medium and medium rare. It was a beautiful pink and just melted. Ashley likes hers a little more done, but even though is was a little pinker then she likes, she still really liked it.

I think I know what I’m going to be cooking this summer. Maybe next weekend I’ll smoke a pot roast, and maybe pull it too.

However this is not and open event, it’s by invitation only :-)

3 thoughts on “Fresh beef.”

  1. I don’t need an invite! I’m totally there! And I heard that you are going to be in a play too! Boy, I really need your autograph. You are going to be famous someday. What are you going to name your restaurant?

    1. you are always invited. How did you year about the play? I’m going to be Sancho in man of la manacha. When you guys come next I’ll have something smoked and ready.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *